- Who We Are
- Scholarships and Workshops
- Typhoon Relief
- Letters to Japan 日本
- Earthquake Act
- Helping Sandy
- Autism Support
- Hurricane Act
- More Activities
- President's Volunteer Service Award
- Make a Difference Month
- Child Hunger
- Computer Recycling
- We Care Clubs
- News & Press
- How to Help
"To the world, you may be just one person, but to one person, you may be the world" -Anonymous
Three days after the Sichuan, China earthquake of 2008, Grace, Sharon, and Eric Li—then 12, 10, and 7 years old respectively—launched a relief campaign in their community, writing newsletters and collecting over $6,000, most of it door-to-door. Since then, their local efforts have gone global.
We Care Act is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Our program started out helping kids who survived the deadly earthquake in Sichuan, China. Through our visits and interaction with children suffered from various disasters, either right after or years after the disaster occurred, we realize that there are many needs that must be met. Our program is designed to meet some of these needs. Our goal is to help these children and to let them know that other kids of their own age, nearby or at the other side of the globe, care about them. In the same time, we realize that youth everywhere dreams of changing the world and doing something worthwhile, so we develop programs to involve and engage youth to make these dreams a reality.
We Care Act was selected as one of the Top Ten Youth Task Forces in 2010 by the US Center for Citizen Diplomacy and the founders were named MSN 16 incredible kids saving the world in 2013.
To help school children recover from disasters and to engage youth around the world to help others in need.
What We Do:
- We Care Act works with individual student or schools after a natural disaster to send donations and books/school supplies to students there.
- We Care Act stays connected with the students through newsletters and workshops and help them further and try to engage the students to help their own community;
- We Care Act works with youth or schools around the world to provide opportunities for them to help others in need;
- We Care Act achieves the above goals through the following strategies:
- Develops programs, such as English workshop, mentoring program, scholarship program, grant etc. to engage youth to help others.
- Works with youth around the world to find their own passion.
- Raises funds and collect items (books, school supplies, etc.) to help the students in need.
- Works with other global organizations such as Youth Service America, Global Youth Service Day, President’s Volunteer Service Award, GenerationOn, Dosomething.org, etc. to engage and inspire youth.